- Content: ostrich leg and calf
- Color: camel and tobacco
- Sole: leather
- Toe: W
- Heel: F
- Shaft: 13 inches
- Size range includes 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 13.5, 14
The boot should fit securely to the foot. Boots should not fit loosely or tightly, but the fit should be snug. The Roper has a more forgiving fit, but the same principles still hold true.
Instep: Unlike shoes with laces, a boot has only the instep to hold it securely to the foot. Boots should not fit loosely or tightly; the fit should be snug. The snugness is governed by the instep fit and the width of the throat. If the instep is too tight, go to a wider or larger size.
Ball: When you walk or run, you bend your foot at its widest part, which is called the ball. In a quality boot, you will find a steel shank between the insole and the outsole that extends from the heel to the point where the ball of the boot begins. If the boot is too short for the foot, the ball of the foot will sit too far forward and force the toes into the toe box.
Heel: A boot must slip slightly in the heel. There is nothing to prevent the heel of the foot from riding up slightly because of the way a boot is constructed. When the boot is new, the sole is stiff. As you wear the boot, the sole is "flexed." With time, most of the slippage will disappear. If the instep is too loose, the boot will slip excessively in the heel. To remedy this, you may need a more narrow width to shorten the circumference of the throat and thus lessen the slippage without cutting down on the length of the boot. Slight slippage is necessary to obtain a proper fit.
- Q : How do I measure myself for a pair of Lucchese Boots?
- A : See the Fit & Options section in Customer Care for details on "The Lucchese Fit".
- Q : What sets Lucchese boots apart from the rest?
- A : A company born in Italy and bred in Texas, Lucchese believes that exceptional products are created through quality components and craftsmanship. Skilled artisans in Lucchese's El Paso factory build and inspect all products by hand to ensure the company consistently delivers the highest possible level of construction, comfort and durability.
- Q : Are there any special clean and care instructions?
- A : Check out the Boot Care section in Customer Care for tips on how to keep your boots clean and long-lasting.
- Q : What are my shipping options?
- A : Purchases can be shipped via UPS, FedEx, or USPS. Shipping options will be reviewed when order is placed. Please see shipping under Customer Care.
- Q : What is the return policy?
- A : Typically, in-stock items purchased will be eligible for a store credit, minus any shipping and insurance charges, if returned in unused codition within 30 days. Please see return policies under Customer Care.